October ༄ 1st month in Reșița

Making a new home for myself in Romania and looking forward to making new experiences. 
I first arrived in Reșița on the 2nd of October 2019, after quite a long and (frankly) uncomfortable flight from London and, before that, a 3-hour coach ride from Bristol.
I'm not going to lie, it has definitely been weird to be suddenly transplanted in an entirely different country, half a continent away and so different than what I was used to until now in so many ways, it's beyond my abilities to list them all here.
The first thing I am taking away from my first month here is that maybe I will never be as confident as I would like, but I can project that. Basically, I can fake it until I make it. I can panic, and then take a deep breathe, hold on, and keep on holding on.
In sum, maybe I can't be fearless, but I'm resilient. If I fell once, twice, or even three times during my first week here, I got up as many times. Now, 30 days later, I feel stronger, loved, understood.
Once again, I am somewhere else.
Once again, I am lucky enough to call a new place home.
(Also, me and some other volunteers climbed this hill and reached "Stema", the best vantage point in the city. It was cool, and tiring. One of the best sunsets of my life, for sure!)

 Here's of all of us mushroom girls! 
          STEMA           
                                       


 
"And may the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows
        And may the road less paved be the road that you follow..." 

Commenti

Post più popolari